This months Book Lovers Interview is with primary school teacher, Kate (or Teacher Kate as she's known as on Twitter!) Kate has had many years experience teaching students and promoting the importance of reading so we thought she would be an ideal target for our 10 gruelling questions!
Tell us a bit about yourself
Primary teacher and book lover. Passionate about teaching through picture books for any year group.
10 Questions (Answer honestly!)
1. What is the most memorable book from your childhood?
Blackberry Farm by Jane Pilgrim, Brambly Hedge by Jill Barklem
2. Are there any types or genres of books that you don’t like to read, or struggle with?
3. What fictional character most stands out for you and why?
Frodo or Bilbo Baggins for their courage, love of the countryside and the need for second breakfast and elevenses!
4. Where is your favourite place to read?
On a beach in Mozambique, in the shade with the sea lapping in front of me!
5. If you were a fictional villain who would you be?
Snape- is he a villian? Controversial?!!
6. If you could change the ending to any story book, what would it be and why?
Hunger Games - Gale over Peeta
7. What is your current favourite children’s book?
The Arrival by Shaun Tan, no words + amazing pics. Great for y6
8. If you could make a book club, and invite anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
My best friend as she lives in Africa and we have to discuss the books we are reading over whatsapp!
9. And what book would you read at the book club?
The Hobbit or one of the Big Stone Gap series
10. Finally, if you could take one children’s book onto a desert island, what would it be?
Swallows and Amazons series- all 12?!! Arthur Ransom sailing tips would come in handy.
A big thank you to Kate for taking part in our interview, Gale vs. Peeta - who would you choose??