Here at Boolino we have compiled ten questions for our brand new blog feature - The Book Lovers Interview! Our first book lover under the spotlight is teacher and mum from Dorset, Verity Burgess.
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Mum of 2, teacher in a secondary school, likes yoga and tai chi and has 2 mad cats.
10 Questions: (Answer honestly!)
1. What is the most memorable book from your childhood?
The Little Grey Men by BB
2. Are there any types or genres of books that you don’t like to read, or struggle with?
3. What fictional character most stands out for you and why?
As a child – Moonface from The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I always had a very clear image in my head of what he should look like and it was so funny.
As an adult – Granny Weatherwax – so austere and all-knowing, yet underneath her hard exterior she had a heart of gold.
4. Where is your favourite place to read?
In the bath – only place where I get any peace!
5. If you were a fictional villain who would you be?
Spike, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. If you could change the ending to any story book, what would it be and why?
I wouldn't change any
7. What is your current favourite children’s book?
The whole ‘Land of Stories’ series by Chris Colfer
8. If you could make a book club, and invite anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
The late Terry Pratchett, as he had an amazing imagination and way of portraying our world in a new light.
9. And what book would you read at the book club?
The Thief of Time
10. Finally, if you could take one children’s book onto a desert island, what would it be?
The Chronicles of Narnia – then I’m basically getting 7 books, which will last longer!
Thank you Verity, for taking part in our first Book Lovers Interview!
What did you think of Verity's answers? Terry Pratchett is an excellent choice for a book club member! We would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to comment below. If you would like to take part in our Book Lovers blog we will be running it every month, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!